Woodsboro schools are the core of the community. Whether it is parents and neighbors gathering at academic family nights or friends and staff cheering at extra-curricular events, there is a strong sense of community pride across the district.
HB 1842 passed during the 84th Texas legislative session, Spring 2015 -- WISD Board of Trustees adopted district
of innovation plan Monday, April 17, 2017.
- Greater local control as the decision makers over the educational and instructional model for students;
- Increased freedom and flexibility, with accountability, relative to state mandates that govern educational programming; and
- Empowerment to innovate and think differently.
In Woodsboro ISD:
In effect for 5 years (through April 2022) unless terminated or amended earlier by the Board of Trustees.
- Earlier start school date to assure that each semester is balanced in instructional days.
- Campus principal may submit to the superintendent a request to allow a certified teacher to teach out of their certified field for no more than half of their teaching day.
- Exempt from 420 minute (7-hour)day requirement to have yearly requirement of 75,600 minutes.